Nora Barnacle Memorial Tournament (NBMT) Packet Reading - 2/9 and/or 2/10

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)
Nurostep
Lulu

Nora Barnacle Memorial Tournament (NBMT) Packet Reading - 2/9 and/or 2/10

Post by Nurostep »

[copied and partially modified from the Discord server message]

Hey everyone! There was a small packet sub literature tournament some of my friends and i ran together a few months ago and I'd like to read the packets in the main quizbowl Discord server if people are interested. I'm thinking this Friday (2/9) or Saturday (2/10) evening beginning at 8:30 PM eastern. If you'd be interested in hearing the packet please react with which day works better for you (F for Friday, S for Saturday) in the server - if there's a lot of votes for both days I can just read the packets on both days. There are 7 packets of 21 questions, so I'd like to get started promptly at 8:30 to make sure it'll be done at a reasonable time (I'm guessing it wont take more than 2 hours, max?)

The difficulty varies from like 2 dots to open depending on the packet (and the length varies mostly accordingly), and some of the packets have themes to them, but overall its mostly pretty accessible from quizbowl knowledge and I think the questions are pretty fun.

Hope to see you there!
All of our buzzes can become powers if we have the courage to neg.
Sinecio Morales
(Rockford) Auburn HS '23
Johns Hopkins University '27