Creek + @ UOttawa March 23rd 2024

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
SMont
Kimahri

Creek + @ UOttawa March 23rd 2024

Post by SMont »

Creek+ @ University of Ottawa (23/02/2024)

I am pleased to announce that the University of Ottawa Trivia Club will be hosted a mirror of Creek+ on Saturday, March 23rd, 2024!

This tournament will take place in CRX on the 4th floor, beginning with a meeting at 9:30, followed by play at 10am. I, Sam Montgomery, will be the serving as Tournament Director. Any inquiries can be made to srmontgomery2710 [AT] gmail.com, listing Creek+ in the subject line.

Eligibility

Eligible players must not have scored more than 40ppg in any official quizbowl tournaments (excluding Novice tournaments) prior to March 1st, 2024. Eligible players must not have qualified for, or participated in, ICT or ACF Nationals. Players may be disqualified at the TD's discretion. If you have any concerns, please contact me and I will be happy to clarify.

Rules

We will be following standard ACF rules.

Registration

There is a maximum field of 14 teams for this tournament, on a first-come, first-served basis.

The link to register teams shall be: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The deadline for registration is Monday, March 18th, 2024. Finalised individual names shall be required, at the latest, Tuesday, March 19th, 2024, with the exception of extraordinary circumstances (at the TD's discretion).

The link for staffer registration shall be: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Please ensure that you mark your associated team, if applicable.

Fees

All fees are in CAD.

Base fee: 140$ per team
Shorthanded discount (1-2 players) : -50$
Staffer discount: -15$ per experienced staffer with functioning laptop and charger
Newcomer discount: -30$ per team who had not competed in an academic quizbowl tournament in the 2021-2022, 2022-2023 school years

Code of Conduct

Players will be required to abide by ACF rules as well as the code of conduct in the Tournament Discord.

Hope to see you there!
Sam
Sam Montgomery
They/them/ille
Représentant Francophone, uOttawa Trivia Club
University of Ottawa