KYOGRE Second Online Mirror (March 16 or 17)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.

What dates can you make it to this tournament?

Saturday, March 16
17%
Sunday, March 17
83%

Total votes: 6

Wynaut
Wakka

KYOGRE Second Online Mirror (March 16 or 17)

Post by Wynaut »

Hello all,

After a long delay, I am glad to announce a second run of KYOGRE (A Deep Dive into Pokémon Knowledge)! I am anticipating that the field won't be as large as the first run, so be prepared for the possibility of duos or a shootout. I've been asked several times over the past few months about a second mirror so I know that the interest is still there. Unlike last time, there's only two options for the date to avoid conflicts with other college tournaments. Either way, the tournament will start at 12pm Eastern/9am Pacific and run for about 4 hours (5 hours in the absolute worst case), including a short break.

The details are the same: there will be 9 packets available with 20 tossups each. Except for clarifications or corrections, these questions will remain unchanged from the first mirror -- there won't be any content from after July 2023, such as Pokémon Sleep or the Scarlet/Violet DLC. However, I have a sequel set in the works that may include such content -- I'm aiming to formally announce this in the summer if I'm satisfied with the progress.

The fee will once again be $10/player. I will also pay $15 to any volunteer staffers. The sign-up sheet can be found here.
Kenji Shimizu
University of Michigan '18
Summit Academy North High School '13
LoganMathis
Lulu

Re: KYOGRE Second Online Mirror (March 16 or 17)

Post by LoganMathis »

Any update on this tournament given that it is happening in a week?
Logan Mathis
Stewardson-Strasburg High School '19
Lake Land College '21
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville '26
Wynaut
Wakka

Re: KYOGRE Second Online Mirror (March 16 or 17)

Post by Wynaut »

Due to the lack of signups, I'm planning to read these packets in the main quizbowl Discord over a few weeknights instead, potentially sometime in the next two weeks.
Kenji Shimizu
University of Michigan '18
Summit Academy North High School '13