2023/4 ILLIAC II at Arizona State/Online (03/16/24)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
stefanse
Kimahri

2023/4 ILLIAC II at Arizona State/Online (03/16/24)

Post by stefanse »

Hello, everyone! I am pleased to announce that Arizona State will host a closed nationwide online mirror of the 2023 ILLIAC II on Saturday, March 16, 2024. I, Stefan Stealey-Euchner, will serve as the tournament director. This tournament will take place over Zoom alongside a Discord server.

Schedule:
We will hold an introductory meeting at 8:45 am Arizona Time (MST=PDT), and rounds will begin at 9:00 am.

Fees:
Base fee: $120 per team.

Discounts:
$50 discount for shorthanded teams (1-2 players)
$40 discount per experienced moderator
$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl

Payment should be sent via Zelle to [email protected], or via Venmo to @Stefan-Stealey-Euchner. Alternative arrangements can be made if necessary (email me).

Please pay before the tournament. Email me if you would like to make other arrangements.

Both tentative interest and official registration (and between) should be communicated ASAP to [email protected]
Please register before 3/13/24 if possible. If you want to register after that date, please email me.

Code of Conduct:
All players and staff at this tournament will be required to abide by the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct.

If you have any other questions, please email [email protected].
Last edited by stefanse on Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stefan S.E.
ASU '22 - ~'26
stefanse
Kimahri

Re: 2023/4 ILLIAC II at Arizona State/Online (03/16/24)

Post by stefanse »

Field:

Arizona State (1 team)
Harvard (1 team)
Indiana (1 team)
Johns Hopkins (1 team)
Berkeley (2 teams)
Minnesota (1 team)
UCSD (1 team)
Alberta (1 team)
Herberger (1 team)
Last edited by stefanse on Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stefan S.E.
ASU '22 - ~'26
stefanse
Kimahri

Post by stefanse »

Our field is now closed. Thank you, everyone!
Last edited by stefanse on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan S.E.
ASU '22 - ~'26
stefanse
Kimahri

Post by stefanse »

Prelims and Finals stats are out!

Congratulations to our winners, Indiana, and to our runners-up, Johns Hopkins!
Our winning team was Justin H, Alex A, Danila K, and Elizabeth B!
Another congrats to our top individuals: Shahar S, Sinecio M, Joel M, Bryan U, and Seth E!

If you're interested (or know someone who is), we're hosting an online mirror of Booster Shot one week from today!

Thanks to our moderators: James O, Luke H, Matthew R, Grace G, and Ruby X! They showed remarkable skill and professionalism for their first tournament.
A special thanks to Connor G for assisting with reading and tournament admin on short notice! And to Bryan Ugaz and Denis Liu for their extensive (pre-tournament) organization and setup help. This tournament would not have been possible without you.

Thank you again for attending; we could not have imagined such a fun and positive experience! I hope to see you around in the future!
Last edited by stefanse on Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan S.E.
ASU '22 - ~'26