Looking for experienced Head Editor/Editors for open single subject history event scheduled for this summer

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players.
Eagles22
Lulu

Looking for experienced Head Editor/Editors for open single subject history event scheduled for this summer

Post by Eagles22 »

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on creating a small (5-7 rounds) history set for an online open tournament to be hosted this summer featuring only history questions and featuring niche and less studied topics in a similar style to HSNCT side events. Set creation will be mostly casual and I do not plan on being super restrictive on a certain difficulty or style, just maintaining a relatively consistent level of difficulty along with high quality and consistent format. Difficulty will trend towards the harder side such as College Regular/National however I also plan on being more fluid and less restrictive with the canon and answer lines in a similar way to how NHBB is.

I am in need of a lead editor and at minimum 2-3 editors to oversee question quality and act in an advisory role. I currently have 4 writers secured and will be looking to grow the team as time goes on, while still keeping the team relatively small. I do not have anything set in stone for monetary compensation however if this set and it's corresponding open tournament are successful there will be compensation to editors and writers.

There will be no mandatory obligations such as a certain amount of questions for a given time period, I would just want people to help out when they can and be consistently present.

A more formal call for writers will be posted later on if needed as well. For now I would love to have some editors to get some of the more complicated logistics off the ground such as finalized set distribution and organization.

If you are interested in joining me as a Lead Editor, Editor, or a writer send me an email with your experience and what position you think you would be appropriate for/have experience with or if you have any questions/concerns also feel free to send me an email.
Email: [email protected]
Ty Bishop | University of Arkansas Quiz Bowl
BHSC CO'23
UARK CO'26