(Postponed) Revenge of the SITH in Downingtown, PA (4/6/24)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
3C273
Lulu

(Postponed) Revenge of the SITH in Downingtown, PA (4/6/24)

Post by 3C273 »

The Downingtown STEM Academy is happy to announce Revenge of the SITH, an HS Regular tournament on April 6, 2024. The tournament will be located at the Downingtown STEM Academy (335 Manor Ave., Downingtown, PA, 19335). This tournament will serve as the mainsite for the HS Regular set 2023 SITH I.

Register by 4/2 using this form. Staffers, independent or those affiliated with a team, should sign up using this form.

Fees:
Base Fee: $85/team
Working Buzzer Discount: -$10/system
Experienced Staffer Discount: -$20/staffer
Distance Discount: -$10 per 100 miles one-way
The minimum fee per team is $50. Teams who cancel after April 2nd at 11:59 PM ET must pay the full fee, except in the case of extenuating circumstances. Teams are expected to pay prior to or at the tournament through Venmo, PayPal, cash, or check. Payment information will be given upon registration.

Format:
The initial field cap is 16, but will increase with more interest, staffers, and buzzers. Teams should check in between 8:10 and 8:40 AM, with the tournament starting at 9:00 AM. Teams are guaranteed to play at least 8 games.

Rules:
Each team may have 6 players in total, with a maximum of 4 players that can be played at once. Rounds will consist of 20 tossup-bonus cycles. 15-point powers and -5-point negs will be used. We will follow standard NAQT rules, but with small changes like 5/5/5 timing rules and untimed rounds. There will be no computational math.

Conduct:
All parties involved with the tournament must follow the PACE Code of Conduct. Misconduct should be reported to [email protected].

Please contact me at [email protected] over email or ADumbPhysicsNerd over Discord if you have any questions.
Ryan Smith (he/him)
Downingtown STEM Academy Class of 2025
2023 SITH I Head Editor
Email: [email protected] | Discord: adumbphysicsnerd
Lover of astronomy and physics
3C273
Lulu

Re: (Postponed) Revenge of the SITH in Downingtown, PA (4/6/24)

Post by 3C273 »

This tournament will be postponed. Further updates will be provided soon. If you have any questions or would like to express availability for a certain date, please reach out to me at [email protected] or [email protected].
Ryan Smith (he/him)
Downingtown STEM Academy Class of 2025
2023 SITH I Head Editor
Email: [email protected] | Discord: adumbphysicsnerd
Lover of astronomy and physics